View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 09:55 AM   #199
jammer174
Luke 14:23

Drives: 2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS
Send a message via ICQ to jammer174
I stopped briefly at a gas station, came back out 10 minutes later, started it up and then the following lights appeared on the display: power steering fail, ABS, brake and stabili-trac. Steering was tough. Called OnStar for a diagnostics and she said nothing was showing up on her screen except that it said "Please take to dealership immediately." Drove it home (about 50) miles and lights stayed on. Shut it off for a couple hours, started it and lights were gone. I have a 2013 Camaro SS and have a cold air induction installed. Anyhow, the thick ground wire that attaches to the body on the left fender inside the engine compartment that runs under the OEM air box was left in the same position. The cold air induction aluminum box was placed directly over the ground wire. The cold air induction box has a rubberized trim on the bottom edge so it didn't actually cut into the ground wire and wasn't metal against the cable, but was mashing down upon it. I loosened the air box, disconnected the ground wire, pulled the ground wire out from underneath the air box and re-attached it to the small screw and bolt that's in front of the positive terminal that has a small red plastic cap over it between the inner fender and left side of the engine. Started the car and problem solved. Never came on again. As I've read in this thread of how many others have had the same problem but have found different reasons but this was the solution to the problem in my case. So, for those of you have installed a cold air induction look to make sure the box isn't pressing down against this ground wire. Thanks to everyone for their input. I never would have known had I not researched it here on the forum.