View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 11:46 AM   #110
MadMaxx
Master of the V6

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
That is your statement Maxx. I posted the track times because they are well beneath what you are stating here. There are quite a few more threads on other forums where people are running 13.5~13.7 with 3:31 gears and 3:55. So yes dyno numbers...blah blah blah. I am not going to jump into that convo, but I will still say, no matter what the dyno says, that is just a tuning tool. The track is what matters.
I agree whole heartedly -- I've been saying that the dyno results were secondary to what the machine could actually produce on a track. I was under the impression that they (again,5 years ago when I was going to buy one) were in the very low 14's/high 13's -- apparently that isn't the case, and I'm actually *GLAD* they're faster than I thought they were. That reinforces the stance that ford put together a nice under-rated engine combo...but it's still a far cry from some magical <9% loss number. That was my whole problem here... the number cruncher in me couldn't let that one slide

If anyone else has an LS/LT (especially when the 6spds hit!) *please* get it up on the rollers or on the track I've got to try and get up to the rock here soon for some shakedown passes.

Cheers!
MadMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote