View Single Post
Old 07-18-2009, 07:29 PM   #3
Old Timer

Drives: 2005 Chevy Van
1st to 2nd noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob2the2nd View Post
bump.

so im bumping this hoping someone else is hearing this.

I took it to the dealer and they were able to replicate the problem (only once) but had no real idea what it was.

When im getting it now is when im doing a very light acceleration just getting over 10-11 MPH and the car switches into 2nd. when the shift happens there is a slight grinding noise. I dont hear it at any of the other gear switches and since its only when the car comes out of first it doesnt happen every often to begin with. I still doesnt do it when I use the paddles which is even more strange. Me and the tech guy at the dealership are pretty much totally confused. he told me if it gets worse to call him
When you went to the dealer & road tested with the tech, did he have an analyzer hooked up to the on-board dignostic conector? This, if used properly would alert him to an existing as well as an intermitent issue. This highly sophisticated system was universally put in place so that today' high tech cars can actually produce a sequence of frames that will alert the tech as to the when & how these weird problems come & go. In this, will be your answer.
Old Timer is offline   Reply With Quote