View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 07:43 PM   #39
Rock36
I just like V8s

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull View Post
Your BIL owns a Chevy dealership, and you drive a Mustang... wow, how does he feel about that?
He aquired the franchise within the last year, so he has worked for many other car dealerships until he could get the backing and experience to buy/run his own place. He was a general manager at a Mercedes when I puchased my Mustang, and as much as I like Mercedes and respect them for what they are. My car of choice is and always will be RWD American V8s.

Plus he knows that when the time I comes, I will see him about buying that Camaro.

But yeah, back to the topic. I just want a Camaro that will hold its own on the power for awhile. In 2005 when I bought the Mustang GT, 300bhp was a respectable amount. One of the reasons I got the Mustang was that I wanted a new car, and unfortunately the Camaro and Firebirds were already on hiatus. Now, 2 short years later, there are ALOT of cars, including pedestrian import family sedans, that are creeping up or that have passed that 300bhp mark. Eventhough I am modded and make about 340-350 at the crank it still just isn't enough.

We are in the middle of another horsepower craze, and I'm not sure when it is going to end, but I think if I can get a 500 bhp Camaro (with a similar torque rating) out of the box with the potential to get to 500 rwhp with relative ease, I will be happy for a long while. At least until cars are put under new and more stringent environmental regulations, and we find ourselves in the mid to late 70s again.

Generally speaking, if the Camaro gets an S/C'd engine of some sort, swapping a pulley to produce a few extra PSI of boost for some pretty sold gains should be easy.

2007 Corvette Z06: Le Mans blue, 2LZ

Last edited by Rock36; 03-02-2007 at 08:12 PM.
Rock36 is offline   Reply With Quote