View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 07:35 PM   #339
Matt@KB

Drives: 67 Camaro
Glad you like the kit. Let us know if we can be of any help. Whether it be Ford or GM, many of the engine builders we know use Livernois, engines and/or components and tuning. They definitely have their act together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgard View Post
I'm not going to get into the temp discussion........but the 3.6KB is one beast when it comes to power.

My car only got 2 tries at the track a few weeks ago (mainly due to the bracket racing going on, etc). When you got this much power, you really need to have everything tweaked and tuned with regards to the transmission and running it at the track.

On the first run, with a very avg 1.71 60' time, the car had a massive spinout at around 125 feet give or take. It caused the car to hit the rev limiter thus shifting it back down to first (all this seemed like it took possibly a sec off the time), the car then proceeded to fly down the track until sometime after the 1000' mark and shifted into overdrive....and seemingly slowing the car to the end of the run....given all that it still had a 10.6.

Since then they have changed the shift points, and limited the T/B response to hopefully nearly eliminate the spinning going from 1st to 2nd (and the next few shifts as well).

Kudos to the 3.6 KB and the livernois tuning team. Not only is it the nicest looking set-up under the engine, but the sound of this car is second to no other build that I've seen or heard. That along with the fact that my car is probably the only one in the top 10 thats hasn't had at least one transmission problem or Engine blow-up.

Given all that I feel like I've got the best set-up in the country and the luckiest to have Livernois on my team.
Matt@KB is offline   Reply With Quote