View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 01:22 PM   #1369
DEFENDRZL1

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #36
is it my turn to WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE....

Like so many others I am trying hard to be patient but it is really difficult when the silence is deafening...

...as for calling GM or the dealer - props to the thread and Camaro5 as I learn more about what is happening here than from GM or the dealer. I am not dissing my dealer as I have strong feeling that IF he knew ANYTHING at all he would be telling me just to shut me up...... so THANKS GUYS FOR HELPING TO KEEP ME SANE...

That being said - there is a theory floating around my office from a friend who was a local dealer general manager for 17 years and was around in the days when the PT Cruisers were first hyped - now no offense to anyone on here who may have one AND more IMPORTANTLY please note I am NOT IN ANY WAY COMPARING THE TWO CARS...AT ALL.... but there were folks in line paying as much as $10k and $15k OVER LIST to order those.....it was TOTALLY NUTS... but people just "had to have them" and it drove the price up. Chrysler pretended they would only make a limited number and had a number of initial launch delays and it created a feeding frenzy. The initial production sold out for the first model year and the demand stayed high throughout the second year...then of course the market was flooded with them....My colleague was wondering out loud the other day if this is the same type of marketing strategy..
I didnt really argue the point because the information from GM is such slim pickings its hard to support any position. Is it a serious defect? Is it a isolated glitch? Is it a supplier production problem? A marketing ploy?

......this is a loyal customer base who has waited patiently ( and some not so patient, like myself) for the return of the muscle cars, not a new brand like the PTC and the increased sales of Camaro's over the last 2 1/2 years should be sufficient marketing proof the cars will have a strong sales base.....

As for me and my house.. even if there is a issue with the cars... I know GM is not going to put them on the street until they are right and as the "owner" of car #36, as long as the issue is fixed, it wont matter.....I just want the dam* car.........

WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE.....
(thanks for listening...)