View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 10:40 AM   #178
Keith Kinkaid
"So you're my guardian?"

Drives: Bumblebee/2 SS RS
When I picked up my car from the dealer I specifically asked what grade of fuel does this car require, the "service manager" replied you can put 87 octane in it you don't need 93 octane. I of course said ok and didn't really think too much of it. Funny thing is I thought the car was fast like it is now but in the back of my mind I felt like the car was a little bit sluggish on take offs and it idles up really high on start up and eventually goes down but it sounds really good and loud because I removed the mufflers and resonator and just went with straight pipes. My car isn't an everyday driver and it only has like 590 miles on it so I just chalked it up as being still in the "break in" phase. Since reading this thread yesterday I started thinking and I went home and pulled it out to actually feel the car and I am convienced that it should be driving a lot better than it is. So I drove around for about 3 hrs attempting to burn out 3/4 tank of gas and only managed to get it to 1/4 tank (when you want to burn gas it's hard as hell to do) . So today when I get off I will be pulling it out of the garage again and burning out that last 1/4 tank and filling it up with 93 octane and pulling the fuses out. I sure hope I get the same results as everyone else on here that has tried this solution !

"Can You Talk"..."So You Talk Through The Radio"
Keith Kinkaid is offline   Reply With Quote