Thread: Seahawks!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 01:49 PM   #729
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickss View Post
So you`re saying that the NFL games are "fixed"? This should get some interesting replies! But I suppose if your a Cinni. or a Vikings fan that may be the only thing you can hang your hat on for why they lost!
Nope, Panther fan. So I have a few more days before I yell at the TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
I wear it with pride Steve....hehehe. I think you have to take a number, the line is quite long now.

I was joking and having fun, but you do have to stop and think about it now. Are you saying that no professional sports games have ever been "fixed"? Or are we just all agreeing that the 'refs' are really that bad and we can't find anyone else to do a better job? So it's like politics, we got what we got and just have to settle for it?

I would like to see, in the Playoffs, we have more reviews by the booth, and even 'questionable' calls reversed by the booth (even those not challengeable by the coaches). An example of this would be, and have seen this bad call on a few occasions, are 'Hands to the face" on Defense. Where the defensive player grabs the offensive players jersey up high and while pushing them back, the jersey slides up to the helmet of the offensive player. From a distance or quick flash of it, it does 'appear' that it is what is happening, when in fact, it is not. Bad call, auto first down by offensive, and the drive continues.

I just want some of the really bad calls to go away. Will it, Nope... will I win the Powerball, Nope. But I can keep on hoping for both.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote