View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 11:33 PM   #44
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
During the installation I had to call Raptor for some questions. The guy walked me through several things that were not covered in the instructions (which absolutely SUCK!) and I thought I would pass them along.

First off I'll say that you should use the tan wire on Pin #20 of X2 as the OP mentions....not the Green wire the instructions say to use.

1. You can turn on/off the display by pushing the button to the left of the display once.

2. The first menu is for launching RPM; second menu is for the +/- window for the launch mode...ex: set it to 2 for a 200 RPM window (in my case I set the launch to 2.8 or 2,800 and the window to 1 which means it comes into play at 2,700 and goes over at 2,900); third menu is for the number of cylinders and it should be set to 1 because they read off one coil; fourth is the shifting RPM.

3. The RPM as set as everything to the left of the dot is 1,000s and everything to the right is 100s. So 2.8 is 2,800 and 6.0 is 6,000.

4. They recommend on the 5th Gen Camaro to set the shifter to sensitive mode. You do that by turing off your car (open/close your door to make sure to kill the curtosy power). Then while holding both buttons down for 2 seconds turn on your car. If the display shows "2" then the sensitive mode is on. If it shows "1" it is off.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote