View Single Post
Old 07-19-2018, 07:51 AM   #1881
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke.Malvo View Post
+1

A lot of people have a misconception of what the MSC2's offer. They must be fully warmed up to get the full benefit, otherwise the MPS4S actually offer more grip for most occasions (street). MSC2's are even too aggressive to use in autocross, where tire temps start off relatively cool.

I agree that the PP2 should not have been offered with MSC2's being that it's really more of a track tire than a street tire. It'll probably show a solid 1-1.5 second lap improvement over the MPS4S tho.

I will say if you buy any new car without added coolers with the intentions of tracking the car at all, and then expect it to perform, then you are an unimformed idiot. Plain and simple. I don't think it is Fords fault at as all for not offering them (ie '16 GT350 base/Tech Pack), that is irrelevant. If anything, I think that's a good thing for 99% of the buying public to help keep costs down.
Then they should have made it a “check the box” option. Those who want a track car can either check the box and have it done at the factory or not check the box and do it themselves. As it sits, they are forcing the 99% to spend money on replacement tires. Whether that’s done as the vehicle leaves the lot or done soon after when the super grippy track tires wear under DD use.

I would have no issues with a PP2 with Super Sports and no added coolers. I would have no issues with PP2 with Cup 2s and added coolers. I think if you (as a manufacturer) are going to use one, but not the other, added coolers and option up to Cup 2 makes sense. Leaving off coolers because most people won’t track it anyway AND equipping it with track focused tires makes no sense. It’s like buying an engagement ring, renting the hall, and then saying “I’d rather Netflix and chill.”
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote