View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 10:00 PM   #39
MADMAN

Drives: 75 corvette/mod 400+hp S-10
I love the storys and miss my old car. I had a 71 Camaro it was my dream car and also my first car. I bought it when I was 13 for $1200 it was in brutal shape but I had 3 years to get it ready for the road. on my 16th birthday my dad and I had all the bodywork done and took it to the paint shop for the final touches. they did a beautiful job of the paint andthe pearl coat was exquisite. the paint had almost cost as much as all the other mods and repairs cost. it was a great time learning how everything worked and building the motor and tranny for the car. it was a 383 stroker making about 380HP a wild car for a first car but I loved it. I had the car and it was my prized posession until about 4 years ago when a storm came through and the shop it was stored in for the witer caught fire and so did the car. the building collapsed and destroyed my baby there was really nothing left to salvage yet I did pull the motor and driveline and have waited to find something to put it in. it will never bring the car back but one day it will be the heart of something new and maybe it will be my sons first car aswell. when I heard the Camaro was coming back before I knew it was coming I saw the pics and went to my dealership and put my deposit on a gen 5. it might be 3 years but I dont care. its a Camaro. Its Beautiful. Its Power in Motion and I cant wait to own it. I have a Corvette but its not the same. ust like my 71 this will be the way I want it to be from front to back. and to know that nobody else has done anything to it will be peace of mind. This will not be my first new Vehicle but it will be my first New Vehicle that isnt purchased for work. and if I have to wait for another 5 years so GM gets it perfect I will wait patiently and keep reading every article that I can find on it.
MADMAN is offline   Reply With Quote