View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 01:45 PM   #88
Emig5m
100% Sport Møde

Drives: '17 Civic SI + '04 SVT Lightning
Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post
I only have a 50 mile daily commute and I got the Camaro because if I have to spend that much time every day driving, I want to do it in style and comfort. I have gotten 30 mpg in my Camaro on long road trips, and I regularly get 24.5 on my daily drives 80% hwy 20% suburbia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincog View Post
I bought my 1LS about 2 months ago and I already have 4400+ miles on her with no problems and since I drive many miles and hours for my work I too wanted something that keeps me smiling. The last vehicle I bought for work was okay but at the end of the day I felt like I was giving up something, like enjoying the drive, for no reason other than to save a small amount of cash. Well, I learned my lesson and I now have what I really should have bought the last time. Only mods are fog lamps, a catch can that I have to put on, and fuzzy dice. I love every minute of my drive time now and I am not nearly as stressed out when I do get home.
If you love the Camaro then you already know what your answer is before you posted. Enjoy the ride!
^This. I commute 60 miles a day to and from work and I want it to be a comfortable and fun drive and drive something I actually look forward to driving. I had a Ford Fusion on loan once when my Ford truck was in the shop and thought I'd utilize it and put miles on it instead of my Camaro and I was totally miserable driving it. I wound up letting the Fusion sit and took my Camaro anyway. Same goes when I used to drive beaters. My favorite vehicle to drive is what goes to work with me. Why be miserable driving to and from work and have a nice vehicle you actually enjoy to be in and drive sit home and never move? Doesn't make sense to me.... Kinda like buying a top of the line bed but spending most of your time sleeping on a cheap futon uncomfortable because you want to save the bed....
Emig5m is offline   Reply With Quote