View Single Post
Old 02-07-2020, 07:52 PM   #26
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshenRyder View Post
My first post (I appreciate everyone's contributions).

I drove a 1969 Camaro in High School in the 80s and recently treated myself to a used 1-owner V6 Gen5 with 172K mi. I love this car.

I just grabbed a used Vitesse TC from Craigslist for $70 shipped. I've only used it on the SP5 setting so far & it is an "instagrin" mod. I like it so much that if my car starts throwing codes or goes into 'limp mode', I will remove it & immediately pay full price for a new one from another manufacturer, probably the one with the US-made circuit board (JMS PedalMax).

Given your car's impressive drivetrain, you may not want instant throttle response - but I am comfortable predicting that anyone with a stock motor or a V6 will be very pleased with throttle response improved such that you must train yourself not to break traction (even with new tires) - or dial down the device's effect.

That's my opinion/contribution to this discussion subject - though I apologize for having no pertinent information on the Commander version.
Yeah that's the one thing I failed to mention. You can just spin the tires at will on the highest settings. Not that most people in here have a problem with doing that already. But if traction off the line is important to you, this won't help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
Maybe I should finally put mine on? Haha...

I've been very happy with my throttle response. The car feels light on its feet and the power immediate is to my liking.

I got mine like 5yrs ago... I think its still in my glove box.
Spec, if you are already happy with your car I would say keep it as is. But of course curiosity may get the best of you like it did to me. Now there is no way I could go back to not using one.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is online now   Reply With Quote