View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 04:30 PM   #264
7Seas

Drives: 2010 Camaro silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
No problem! I'm glad I could help!

If you like my setup..then great! But just want to warn you, if you want something loud, my setup is not it lol. Read over my entire thread throughout to get my impressions over time and my responses to questions people have asked me since I've installed them.

I've been tossing around the idea of either removing the stock resonators and seeing how that sounds (which I think it would be nice and not cause much more, if any more in-cabin drone. I've also tossed around the idea of just removing the resonated X that I added when I originally did this setup and seeing if the drone is really that much worse, because I think it would add the more aggresive tone I'm looking for. But if the drone was bad, I'd have to put the resonated X back on.

If you decide you want to use something like my setup, I always recommend trying just the mufflers/tips first, and if the drone is too bad, then installing the resonated X later.

As for gains in power...not really. Most exhausts seem to free up some power in the mid-range but in my case I can't say forsure. If it did, it wasn't enough to be really noticeable. Again, just give my personal exhaust thread a good look over.

Thanks again!

Thanks again! let us know how it works out. Realy loud pips is not what I was looking for but that good aggressive sound of my V8 silverado or close to it. And I was hoping it might get more power out of it too. Thanks again.
7Seas is offline   Reply With Quote