View Single Post
Old 06-04-2019, 10:00 PM   #19
Reapers2SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SSRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thgenlife View Post
What did they do the first time you sent it back?
Well I did pay for the lifetime warranty. First time he said he took it apart and basically did a rebuild. He said I was fine though. I think there might be a issue with the pressure line that goes down to the slave cylinder. I never saw brake fluid leaking but doesn't mean air was being pulled in. This might allow air in and push out. Unsure.. One thing I do know is that the master cylinder was not allowing a pressure or enough force to press on the pressure plate and disengage the clutch which would give me a firm pedal. It may also be a issue with the size of the line, it could be to large. Either case the principal of bleeding the stock master cylinder is the same and with the stock parts I was able to bleed and get a pedal. I was also using the Tick speed bleeder this time. Once I had the factory master cylinder, pressing the clutch pedal and opening the bleeder the brake fluid came out with much higher pressure. The tick one came out at a much lower pressure, more like a steady flow.

With this time spent I think this weekend I am going to install the Monster LT1S twin disk clutch while I am waiting on the master cylinder.
Reapers2SS is offline   Reply With Quote