View Single Post
Old 12-30-2019, 09:08 PM   #7
antman

Drives: Victory Red 2013 Camaro SS/RS, L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
I've been out of the hobby for awhile and was looking for some recommendations. I know they will vary widely as everyone has personal preferences. Maybe if I explain what I am looking for it will make it easier.

I have owned 3 F-body's (99, 00, and 01 TA's) in the past. I currently own a 2011 Camaro SS automatic. When I owned my previous cars they all had SLP loudmouth exhaust and headers. Seeing that was nearly 20 years ago, I'm sure better things exist. However, I did love the way SLP's loudmouth / LT's sounded. They droned at 3-4k RPM with the 3500 Yank stall converter I had but that didn't bother me that much.

My plan is to do this in stages. First, Id like to do long tubes / exhaust. Then I would like to go with a supercharger / stall converter and probably wont go much further then that. Just want a drivable 500+ hp car to have a small amount, but not too much fun with. Price is not an issue and there is no such thing as too loud... However, I don't want it to sound too raspy.
I'm selling a Solo Mach XL catback with j-pipes that fits a 5th gen auto if you're interested. Can get loud with headers but with zero drone. Has less than 100 miles on it. Nothing wrong with it just wanted to try something else. Check the listing in the members classifieds for pictures.
antman is offline   Reply With Quote