View Single Post
Old 02-10-2020, 09:28 PM   #26
dru21281

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastblack10ss View Post
So what was the problem; bad master cyl?
I ask because I cannot get mine to bleed with speed bleeder and pedal stays to floor. I’ve put about 1/2 liter through this thing. Even removed the remote reservoir and went back to combined brake/clutch reservoir in case the remote reservoir couldn’t seal.
I’ll call Tick if I can’t get a response from anyone on what to check before assuming bad new master cylinder.
Did you replace the slave cylinder also? After changing my slave and clutch(already has the Tick adj master installed prior and worked fine) I couldn't get it to bleed either.
I think there was an excessive amount of grease inside the slave cyl(which the manufacturer puts on the orings that the fittings go into) and clogged the system.
Had to use a vacuum bleeder on both ends to get any fluid to move through the system. Finally the Fluid coming out was black with white particles floating around, which I'm guessing is the grease... It has now taken me almost 2 qts of fluid and 1 month to get clean/clear fluid coming out of the speed bleeder...
It could also be a master cylinder problem, but if you did change the slave its worth a shot

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
dru21281 is offline   Reply With Quote