View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 08:14 PM   #23
Trackspec Motorsports

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Carlos,
Depending on what your budget is, the direction is pretty much the same for what you are looking for.

For a 600hp beast as yours, traction is obviously an issue. And you stated that you also want the car to be much more stable at speed on roadcourse/autocrosses. At Trackspec, we recommend Pfadt racing products as one of the best engineered solutions out there.

Address the rear end with:
Pfadt Trailing Arms
Pfadt Subframe bushings
Pfadt Toe rods
Pfadt Bushing kit

This will eliminate your wheel hop if you have any and also lay the power down more effectively.

For stability and handling improvements, depending on what you want to spend, there are 2 directions you can go in.

Pfadt Sway bars/Coilover package or Pfadt Lowering springs/Swaybars.

The coilovers will give you much more versatility from street driving, drag racing, and also roadcourse action as they are adjustable and have the ability to change the damping/ride height to suit your immediate needs.

The Springs and Sway combo is a little more cost effective, but they also limit your range of abilities as they are not adjustable (ride height). The camaro will tighten up considerably and your gross understeer will be eliminated. This is an excellent combo for someone not looking for ride height/Damping adjustability.

Also consider that if you are going with a specific wheel and tire combo, you may want to have the adjustability of a coilover so that you can get your ride height perfect based on your tire/wheel combo.

We have first hand experience with all of the above products and can tell you that they are some of the best on the market. At the camaro5fest Pfadt Roadcourse sessions, I was fortunate enough to be an instructor on the course. This gave me the ability to jump into and out of the widest range of vehicles all back to back for 6 hours straight. From bone stock, to stage 5 packages and everything in between, the difference in performance and roadfeel of each combination was very noticable. As soon as the camaro hit the first turn, I knew if i was in for a white knuckle ride or not. For the stock camaros, the instability was insane. Jumped into a sway bar and spring packaged car, and it felt tight and nimble...very confident and positive. Go to the stage 5 package, and handling was world class. By going back to back with the different combos and instructing, I could tell an immediate difference in turn in, corner speeds, and mid corner to exit stability.

Shoot us a PM on what you are looking for and what your budget is and we will customize a package for you with free shipping and very competitive pricing!

John@trackspecmotorsports.com
Trackspec Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote