View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 09:23 AM   #5
HaZe_X

Drives: Trailblazer SS & Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPS Brandon View Post
How about these coil-overs from Pfadt!

American Made ( quality )!

These coilovers feature an inverted valve body for lower un-sprung mass, which means a better travel over the road for the suspension. The valve is larger then typical units for durability and strength. These units have quick and easy 16 way adjustments for ride dampening and rebound, so you can dial in the comfort level you want, and since the coilover assembly sets ride height with the perch adjustments you do not sacrifice any suspension travel. I would say from your descripiton this coilovers would be ideal for your situation, for quality, strength, and smooth driving operation.

Regards
Brandon
Didnt know Pfadt made coilovers..thanks for making my life harder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
Will be truly awesome. But they are unavailable currently. Ask me how I know... :

As for one mfg vs another, I would be asking questions like:
1. How are the adjustments made? (top or bottom for ease of adjustment)
2. Are the adj separate? (you really have to understand your rebound vs compression to make full use of this option)
3. Do you really need ALL that adjustment?
4. Are the adjustments truly incremental or once passed a certain level does it just go straight to linear
5. Overall weight of each unit
6. Can be rebuilt/serviced?

Just my .02 ... and FWIW, I'm getting Pfadt's if they ever come in....the Pfadt's are 16 position adjustables that do both rebound & compression at the same time per each adjustment. They are incremental up to position 14 where they go linear and would really only work on the track... (a little birdie told me )
Great point. I mean my car will never see a road course, just a drag strip. But I do like too throw in the corners. I think the KW's and Pedders both have easy adjustment access, looks like Pfadt does also. Gotta continue researching...
HaZe_X is offline   Reply With Quote