View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 06:22 AM   #14
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
"There seems to be"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitWhite11 View Post
I have a 2010 2LT/RS with the upgraded Brembo brakes by the previous owner. I am aware they are notorious for squealing. This has happened on several occasions when hot etc... However, now that I have owned the car for almost two years - the squealing happens regardless if the brakes are hot or cold. There seems to be some pad life left in them, however the rotors look like they could be resurfaced and new pads put in place. Not sure if this is the route I want to go. If anyone could lead me in the right direction for new pads/rotors with the best deal online possible I would appreciate it! I currently have the Hawks ceramic pads on with the Brembos.

Any NEW Brembo rotors out there WITHOUT the drilled/slotted option? Seems it was discontinued?? Thanks in advance!

For me the two most crucial elements on a vehicle is steering and brakes. In your initial post you stated "there seems to be some pad life left in them, however the rotors look like they could be resurfaced and new pads put in place". If I were you I believe I would be investing in new rotors and pads.

Might want to consider picking up a "Chilton" manual (#28285) that covers 2010-2015 Camaros. The section on brakes had a description of how to replace rotors and pads.

I done the very same conversion on my 2014 2LT/RS about 18 months/15K ago with ZERO problems. I used factory SS rotors and used the best pads that O'Riely's had to offer.

From start to finish the complete conversion took me about 8 hours, removing standard LT brake lines, rotors, calipers, all 4 backing plates and even the master cylinder. Only assistance I needed was when it came to bleeding out the new system.