View Single Post
Old 07-27-2016, 10:45 AM   #4
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Well, yeah, I agree it's a lot of money, no question. The thing is that the old days (just a few years ago) of the cheap, big engine/little car no frills muscle car is long gone.

By moving the Camaro to the Alpha chassis, they have created a true sports car. Adding the LT1 engine to it with 455 HP/450 ft lbs makes it a serious sports car. When you add things like the mag ride, and the 6 piston brakes, that technology ain't cheap, it's supercar stuff.

Now for me, using the build and price on the web site, I can get a 2SS with mag ride and brakes for around $46K. That's really all I would want to add to the base car, and honestly, I don't need either of those. The Alpha platform has already gotten rave reviews for it's handling and road feel. It's when you start checking the boxes for all the little add ons, navigation, stripes, etc. That "nickel and dime" stuff adds up quickly. So the question is, how much of that stuff do you really need or even want in a performance machine?

All that said, I would still challenge anyone to go out and find a better value, performance per dollar. Yes, you could spend $55-$60K on a Camaro, but you don't have to.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote