View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 10:35 PM   #3
andyrew

Drives: Audi A4 STG3, Porsche 914 v8
Anything is feasible as an autox car. I have a 3600lb Audi a4 w/ quattro that smokes most street tire cars (I generally run in the porsche club, and I am on the top of the street tire cars).

I was able to do 1.04 continuous G's on bridgestone RE01-R street tires on a skidpad (with no real setup of the suspension)

With the right tires and a properly done suspension the camaro will be just fine.

The problem it will have is transitions such as slaloms. Being such a heavy car it will need a fairly heavy suspension in order to keep the weight transfer and turn in right.

Some nice aftermarket lowering and stiffening springs will probably do the car justice, and most likely it will be tuned to have understeer so a bigger rear sway bar will probably also make a huge difference.

I am an avid autox'er and I plan on autoxing the Camaro (assuming thats what I get..)

Its more about driver ability than the cars.. Assuming the car is well balanced, has a decent amount of grip and has good turn in, any car can do very well at an autox.
andyrew is offline   Reply With Quote