View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 07:21 PM   #7
Mchlgrrsn
Stroked and blown

Drives: 2010 LS3 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmen09 View Post
What effect does a tune have on collectibility. Now I know a ton of people on here have gone over this that a production car shouldn't be seen as a collectible, but just think about it. In 30-40 years if these cars are to be in a similar situation as te first gen camaros, a totally stock 100% original will be worth more. Now some people will be able to put there car back to stock if they choose to, but what about the cars that are tuned, it isn't like a carbed car from the 1960s, the tune is permanent. Right? I am not trying to start an argument, I just was wondering what others thought of this.
Tunes are "flashes" to the CPU. They can be put back to normal. The CPU knows how many times its been flashed, so there is some type of record
LME 416 LS3 shortblock/Callies Compstar 4340 4"crank/Callies 6.125 H beams rods/Wiesco 4.07 forged pistons/Cam Motion custom LS1/LME ported heads /maggie TVS2300/I West 8rib 10%OD /3.2 pulley/OD cog drive/JRE tensioner/ID850 /ADM dual fuel/Kooks LT 1 7/8/magna flow2.5 /cat delete/Roto Fab CAI /MGW short throw /SPEC super twin clutch/G Force built trans,carbon syncro rear shaft upgrade /DSS 9"single CF DS /Strange 3.70/31 spline trutrac/MT DR's/earls oil cooler /tuned KHC
Mchlgrrsn is offline   Reply With Quote