View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 04:38 PM   #48
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I still fail to understand the basis for comparing the SS to the GT500. The only commonality that I see is that they are the fastest Mustang and fastest Camaro that Ford and Chevy build. At least the Corvette has a similar price and similar performance. The Challenger SRT8 has a similar price, but it still starts several thousand less than the GT500 does.

Edmunds also says that the GT500 should be compared to the Corvette ...

As far as I'm concerned this is the best rational for comparing cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
I fail to understand this logic....The Corvette is a car in a class by itself. When I look it up on sites, it is basically in a supercar class. It is not Ford fault that GM may not produce a z28, which would actually compare to the Gt500.

Vette Base coupe $48,565+950 destination.
Base coupe btw will not win against a GT500. And I have yet to see a NEW vette less than 50k. At least here in S.Fla

Vette Z06 coupe $73,925+950 destination
Faster yes. Look at the base price tag, and we know they go for more than that.

Vette Zr1 $103,970+950 destination.
W O W

These are prices I got just by googling "Corvette pricing."

Ok I know the fanboys here will go "well the KR is over a 100k !!" Yes..sadly it is. That car is a blight on the ford blue oval. In truth it was nice to do, but someone at ford was smoking a huge fatty when they priced it out. Only a collector will ever buy that car, but it did serve its purpose. The GT500 2010 is basically a KR.

So as we compare please stop saying a Vette is faster !!! Yes...we know. I think anyone who knows anything about a car knows that. But last time I checked, the Vette is not a pony car. Never was. Not even in the 60's...The GT40 was the only car Ford made to be termed in the supercar class, and well we all knowthat did not last long.