View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 03:32 PM   #12
OldTimer

Drives: 2012 Victory Red ZL1 MG9
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
No way it's gonna take you a year to get your car, GM is hoping to sell a crapload of these. I'd go to a different dealer if possible, and ask them.
This was posted under the thread: I say GM Forget Allotments and send to dealers with sold cars, on December 6th.

No one came out and said otherwise so who is right and who is wrong???? I asked for Scott or Camaro Scotty to shed some light on this as I was very upset when I first read it but no one ever did. I finally deleted my post.

They will send cars to dealers who earned the allocation regardless of how many orders a particular dealer has. Here is why, lets say a guy like me know the camaros will sell quickly at first what would stop me from submitting 25 dummy orders to garner those vehciles for myself to sell? Chevy has an allocation system they come up with based on performance in a few different areas depending on what model it is typically it will be previous model sales but they factor in other things as well. I dont like it either but am just trying to explain it to you. There will be many of you have have "ordered" your Camaros who will not get them next year and there will be some of you who walk into a dealership and buy one right off the showrooom floor. Sad but true. I agree they should fill ALL confirmed sold orders. I am hearing that everyone who earned allocation are all going to get just 1 at first starting on the west coast and moving east. Then the next wave will have a few more of your earned allocation in them. I was told that NO one was getting multiple Camaros on the first shipment. This was not good news but was expected none the less.
OldTimer is offline   Reply With Quote