View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 09:50 AM   #3
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
The ARH system does stop around the Axle back....actually I think you still have to use a little bit of your factory system since it doesn't go actually to the axle back but real close. If I remember correctly there is still about 4" or so that you'll need to connect up the two.

Unless you have a big motor or a bunch of boost from a supercharger you're not going to see any HP gain/loss by having the 2.5" in the mix. There are several 600 rwhp Camaros that have cat-backs that start off as 2.5". Most of the cat-backs for these cars do.

You have several options. First off, you can buy just the ARH headers without thier x-pipe. Then you could use either your factory cat-back with a Borla axle-back added to it. You could also just use the ARH headers and do a full cat-back from any of the Mfgs (Borla, Magnaflow, Flowmaster, etc.).

I think some of the confusion with ARH and having to use their x-pipe is the fact that they don't list just thier headers and cats as an option on their site. I think you have to contact them to ge that pricing.

There are very few systems for our Camaros that are true 3" all the way through. Off the top of my head I can only think of KOOKS and LG. All the other cat-backs start off as 2.5" so that they can connect up to the factory mid-pipes (cats).
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote