View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 10:15 PM   #1
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Help Sorting Out Suspension Mods

I currently have a stock set-up on my car, but I am trying to determine if the parts I have purchased and the parts I am planning on purchasing will work well together or if I will just have a Frankenstein mess under my car when I am finished.

I would like to keep my stock ride quality, although I do understand some of the compromises between ride quality and performance. I am interested in Auto-X and road courses although I have never completed in either, but I plan on hitting the drag strip a lot more.

I currently have Eibach sway bars on the way, as I found a great deal from a member here on the website. I have also been planning on a full bushing kit from Pedders, trailing arms and toe rods form BMR, Hotchkis end links, and either Hotchkis or BMR sub-frame connectors. I am also debating on a strut tower brace, but I am not sure about drilling the strut towers and I also don't want to cover up my signatures from C5Fest.

Although I like the way the lower cars look, lowering springs are not feasible for me, as I live on a farm and have to drive about 3/4 of a mile down a dirt road to get to my house. I also know some of the parts will likely require an alignment and I plan on getting a full alignment after all of the parts are installed, but I would like to install these myself as weekend projects and need to know which parts would require an alignment, to be able to drive the car after I install them.

If there are also any other parts to consider that will help out in these areas, I am open to any suggestions.

Thanks in advance for the help.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac

Last edited by K1SSRSS; 03-08-2012 at 09:57 AM.
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote