View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 09:51 AM   #11
383ss

Drives: 1985 IROC, 2011 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLT4 View Post
Installing under drive pulleys is like installing trouble. WP turns slower as well as the alternator, enjoy some higher temps and lights that dim at low RPM.
have you ever even had one on a car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLT4 View Post
Wow, GM really pulled a boner then, all of these then should have come with smaller pulleys. There's a reason the pulleys are sized they way they are, it wasn't GM engineers going "well that seems OK" they're sized to provide a specific water flow, water flow is paramount in a cooling system regardless of thermostat, once it's open, it's done it's job. If your temperature is running 200° or so the thermostat is fully open, reducing water flow will reduce cooling efficiency.

Now what happens, the fans run more to regulate cooling instead of the system working as designed. Where does the power for the fans come from? Let me think.... oh that's right, the alternator which is now also under-driven.

Do what you want if you think you're going to gain a lot, personally I'll keep the stock pulleys and find more power elsewhere. I'm really skeptical of the claimed power increases. Not only that but the pulley is also the damper, why stick some POS pulley in place of your engineered by GM pulley? To gain what a few HP? Not worth it to me at all.
sounds like you just need to keep your car stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsdguru View Post
31000 for ss1 no options and who in the hell would buy a SS1 V6 for kids SS1 for girls LS3 the only way to go G8 Gxp 200lbs more my bad so lets think here 200lb more 27 less hp so 5 tenths slower now 373 gear now mabe 3tenths slower 4 door car sad so so sad
383ss is offline   Reply With Quote