View Single Post
Old 06-14-2014, 10:48 AM   #722
Sweet Zness
Because I Can

Drives: 08 IOM G8GT 11 Victory Red SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
But then again on the other hand, must all cars' ignitions be built to suit the rules of your personal frame? What about Shaquille O'Neal? What about a midget?

I'm 5'8" tall and my leg appears as in that photo, although my knee is definitely bent and I can securely plant my feet flat on the floor behind the brake pedal - I do not now and have never driven 'toes on pedals' and neither do I drive with the steering wheel in my stomach.

The six way seat allows the utterly vast sweeping majority of drivers to achieve the correct driving position (if they chose to do that) but there will always be exceptions to whatever rules of body proportion we want to cite. In fact I would bet that 75% or 80% of Camaro drivers are completely in the wrong driving position through their size or by poor habit.

If your size is an issue there actually is a DIY mod that allows your drivers' seat to go further back.
Also I agree that I sit in the wrong position. But I guarantee you that there is no way in hell for me to sit properly without my head hitting the roof.
Sweet Zness is offline   Reply With Quote