View Single Post
Old 10-21-2015, 09:31 PM   #102
X25

Drives: '16 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsman44 View Post
Finally had a track day at VIR. Temps were high in the 60's so it was a mild day and oil temps got as high as 274. It never went over 274 no matter how hard I pushed the car and would drop into the 260's quickly on a moderate lap so that was encouraging but I'm a little concerned at how much higher it might go on a hot day. I'm going to try putting a 2-2.5" shroud around each oil cooler to try to force more air through them. My theory is that a lot of air is going around them since they stick out a little from the radiator (just a theory). The shrouds will cause a little turbulence for the air going through the A/C and coolant radiators but my coolant temps were fine so I'm not worried about it. Overall I think I'm safe from any oil overheating issues. Let me know if you guys have any thoughts.

Oh and the car did great on the track! Had quite a few laps near a brand new mustang with a good driver and his car couldn't hang. I'm impressed at how planted the rear-end of these Camaro's are when exiting turns.
Thanks for the update. I've had similar experience with the giant cooler more, but at up to 85 degrees F ambient temp. We'll probably have to wait until next summer for the real stress test results of all these setups
'17 RAM 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 Night Edition
'15 Nissan Rogue S AWD
X25 is offline   Reply With Quote