View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 09:41 PM   #38
'StangBlaster5000

Drives: Waiting for the 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
I don't disagree with the fact that we are responsible for putting in power the ********* heads that chose to bail out GM. But after those ************ heads are out of office next term, GM is still on the hook to make the gov held stocks profitable.

WE the PEOPLE will never see a dime of that money. It will never return to us as a tax break or incentive of any kind.

It will simply go to the treasury to be used for whatever they deem necessary.

But to think that GM owes us buy giving away product is putting the cart before the horse... they must be profitable, that is the best way for them to repay our government's investment in them.

if it had been up to the people GM would not have been bailed out. The polls showed that pretty clearly.

The lobbyists for the auto industry and the unions convinced our elected officials to bail out GM Dodge, and yes even Ford. If anyone owes us it is the lobbyists who convinced our elected officials to do something against the peoples wishes.
Don't misunderstand what I was saying, I was just making a point to someone who clearly hadn't spent much time thinking about it.
If they REALLY gave discounts to every tax payer....well....they would need ANOTHER BAILOUT LOL