View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 11:59 PM   #13
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_BigC View Post
Pulling the e-brake while in reverse is for very very small adjustments, actually I really don't think it can be adjusted like this even though service information says it can/will. The design now, and also has been used for many years now is small access holes in the backing plates to gain access to the adjusters to turn them to adjust the e-brakes and again I'm not even sure the Camaro has these access holes.

I had to remove my rear rotors, and adjust until I liked the feel of the e-brake in the car, I then verified cable tension and since then never had a problem.

You cable is either broken, overly stretched or if the system incorporates 2 separated cables (1 for each side) to apply each side individually, one of your cable may have came undone from the e-brake handle assembly and needs to be reinstalled and adjusted properly. Bring it to the dealer and let them diagnose it. Also driving on your e-brake does not hurt anything mechanically, it just wears the shoes a little bit each time, but it does brake the surface rust free inside the hat portion of the rear drums and keeps them from rusting out badly. I do it all the time and my e-brake shoes are not worn out at all.
Thanks, I know it can't be a simple adjustment issue with how it feels.