View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 01:05 PM   #58
uke

Drives: 2006 Pontiac GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post

It doesn't count for the fact that GM advertised a performance level that some are not getting using the same stock settup. AND, I think it should be up to the dealer and GM to test all of this stuff for us. They DAMN sure won't reimburse us for whatever money we decide to spend elsewhere.
Errr...based on past experiences on this sort of issue, both in person and hearing from others, I wouldn't hold your breath on that. Especially if it's only a few cars having the issue. I would definately look into the gas issue first. What octane rating are you running in the car?

And besides, stuff not working efficiently is just a good excuse to mod and UPGRADE! I think a performance tune is in your future

Quote:
Welcome to the site. Please visit more often with advice. You are apparently knowlegable.

haha, thanks. I'm definately no expert though, I just picked up on info in figuring out what I've broken on my cars over the years.

I actually became intimately familiar issue with KR issues when I got my Grand Prix GTP, which are KR monsters. Fortunately, the GTO doesn't have nearly the same issues as the GP, though it can still be a factor.

Assuming everything working right, I'd expect a 400hp engine to be putting down about 340-345 rwhp on a dyno, so something is definately up with your car only making 305 (that's stock 5.7 LS1 territory). Rule out the easy stuff (gas) and move on from there.
uke is offline   Reply With Quote