View Single Post
Old 11-29-2015, 07:50 PM   #5
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaseWeis View Post
Car ran fine all the way up until I threw a rod, and it still runs (But I mean, that engine needs to go). I'm being forced to sell it, my dad (I still live at home while I'm at a nearby college because it's free!) doesn't want it to take up space (I wanted to just say screw it and get the stuff to pop in a used LS1).

Had 157k miles, practically everything was stock. The dashboard was clean, except the pieces of plastic that covered the defroster vent, those were brittle and had broken, along with a few pieces of plastic on the doors (Like the driver side door bevel) were broken (The bevel for the driver side hung out). I recently replaced the motor & regulator for the driver side door, and didn't align the window properly so it doesn't seal up (But it's an easy fix if you're not a lazy 18 year old), and the passenger side is obviously still the stock window motor and regulator because it "works" (Usual 1 inch down then let it cool down stuff). No A/C, there's a leak somewhere (I filled it once, compressor kicked on and it blew cold for the day). Seats and carpet are mint, besides the mat under the drivers foot having a hole in it from wear, and the driver side's foam is well worn down. The radio, along with all the speakers, was changed out, and it has several parts from a high end radio system someone once had in it that I have no clue what to do with. The speakers in it are nice sounding, and it has an older Sony head unit that works just fine (No bluetooth, honestly it's pretty outdated but works with my Pandora/Iphone perfectly so whatever).
Has a decent amount of body damage, dents and scrapes infront of and above the gas tank, plus a small crack in the body infront of the passenger side front tire, and a few scrapes, fairly deep, on the front bumper. It does have the two stock t-tops, and they are not cracked. They do, if put under a lot of pressure (Like when washing) leak a TINY bit, as all do. They've also still got the piece of plastic/cloth thingy you can put on to cover the glass for the inside (Not broken).

What would a decent price be for this NON WORKING car, seeing as all it needs is a new engine? I'm just curious to be completely honest, as I've always heard that as it's a Y87, it's more desirable than any other v6. Plus I just want to get a more legitimate opinion before I start really trying to pretend to want to sell it so my dad gets off my back.

I'll upload Pictures in the morning of all the damage, along with the aftermarket radio stuff. I'm tired, and it's dark.

Thanks all, and if it is worthless and I should just give it to a scrap yard now (Which I WILL NOT do, even if it means giving it to some random redneck on craigslist for less than the scrapyard offers), then tell me.

The amount of changes required to convert a V6 to a V8 is going to cost $$

You need a new K member, steering rack, wiring harness, PCM exhaust,transmission,driveshaft,a V8 cluster,gas pedal(yours is drive by wire) Rad and hoses,Intake (the V6 is offset.

Plus the mechanical know how to get it done.

Scrap it for $200.00 or find another 3800 V6 for it.
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote