View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 10:47 AM   #3538
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue70SS View Post
Are you running stock hieght with those track tires or lowered?
I am lowered at least 1 1/4" front, a little more than that in the rear.

The front set fits great. I had to grind the knuckle where the alignment bolt is for the camber adjustment on the spindle to provide clearance to the wheel. The front wheel/tire combo is done and works great.

The rear wheels rub inside - the tire was lightly rubbing on the inside plastic fender well and the rim hits on the lower control arm when at the APEX (center) of the corner and under severe load.

Definitely a big improvement for handling over the street tires. I was 1.5 seconds off the leader in my class with the 18's, and my chassis alignment was close to stock settings so I could test the new tire/wheel fitment and what they offered prior to any alignment settings..

Spoke with John at CCW today.. he is making a 1/4" spacer to move the rear's out to test fit for the needed clearance. We are going to thange the size and move up to a 12" wide wheel (up from 11.5") and keep moving the wheel out till they clear everything. There is room to move the wheel out some more, and it will balance the look, as the front's stick out about an inch.

I finally got to run in the rain on Sunday morning on the street tires (the bridgestones). With Everyone on wet tires I was leading my class. It dried up in the afternoon. I stayed on my street tires, everyone went back to slicks, and I lost my lead. I didn't want to damage anything so I stayed with the street tires for the rest of the event.

This tire/wheel combination is going to work very well once the clearances are correct and car has the proper chassis settings for the autocross setup. I am a lot closer to having a combination that works for track events.

Last edited by 600hp-lpe; 06-07-2010 at 11:25 AM.
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote