View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 09:55 PM   #36
CC Performance
Account Suspended

Drives: 99 Camaro SS, 79 z28, 70 GTX

Its an AC delco plug.. no magic there at all

I run a BR7EF NGK copper plug and have no issues at all either...

copper is a better conduit but it wears quicker.. ac delco's are rated to like 80,000 miles.. harder material

People swap plugs out because they need to, not to make more power

the general rule is you drop a heat range every 100-125 hp your making
this is to help prevent pre-ignition... the draw back is the plug can foul quicker... the cooler plugs are gapped smaller than the regular heat range plug...

I've heard a lot of things before and even saw someone try to say that you needed to use GM wires only or you get a misfire.. its all rubbish..
We run mid to low 9's with NGK's.... chose your poison..
Lot of people drown the engine with gas trying to prevent detonation, that will have an effect on the plug as well.....

Personally I dont care what plug a person uses but facts are facts and NGK's are some of the most widely used plugs on the market for a reason.. cheap and good.. yes you need to match heat ranges and the gaps are pre-set most of the time as well by the plug mfg.. AND each plug MFG has their own gap requirement.. what you set a ac-delco at is not what you set an NGK at....

Want some good accurate information try calling the NGK tech line or any plug mfg techline and talk to them about it for a while.. real education for free from the people who make them and know their specs and usage..

++ No disprespect intended towards Ted either, there are two sides to every coin and both sides should be presented for a person to make an informed decision ++

Last edited by CC Performance; 10-07-2011 at 10:12 PM.