View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 06:47 PM   #657
STINGER BEE
2010RS/SS RUMBLEBEE

Drives: Drives a 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
I had thumping/popping noise in the struts more so in the passenger side versus the driver side.Fought with the Dealer and GM until I took those pictures in and question them the new neoprene insulator versus the one that came with the car.
GM even offered me a oil and filter change to try and shut me up,but like I told them keep their oil and filter that won't correct the problem.Anyway after confronting them with this information they finally bit the bullet and change the insulator.If you read earlier threads by me , you will see threads when I was experiencing this issue.
Problem solved ,no more thumping or popping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
Hay guys this is some info for you from a friend.

I think there is a potential concern for noise at the upper strut bushing/grommet area. I think GM might call it a strut insulator. I have seen the grommet or insulator separating or starting to peel out. It is pretty easy to spot. Just put the vehicle in the air and with a flashlight, and see if you can see the inner piece separating from the outer grommet. Now I do not know if this is related to a bulletin, PIC5177 dated 6/4/09 that talks about snap or popping noises when turning. This noise can be felt at the top mount when turning either direction. GM says the front mount can become contaminated with road debris and want both mounts replaced. In the picture the part is #4.

So can we have you guys take a peek at this are and report? Maybe this is some of the noises we are seeing.