View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 06:47 AM   #106
FC_GIBB

Drives: 2012 Impala LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by jleinaweaver View Post
maybe a better question is, "is the V8 too powerful". Unless you are going on a track the extra power is pretty much useless for day to day driving and cruising.

the quarter mile time is useless as you can't legally go that fast on public roads, and if caught, 100 mph fines are pretty steep - you'll probably have a mandatory visit to the judge. The 0 to 60 second time is negligible when you factor in the human factor and having to watch cars in front, cars on your side (if merging on a highway), etc.

If you goal is to get your head snapped back harder, want deeper noise, get the v8. If you marvel engineering, look at the V6. It gets more power per liter, handles every bit as good as the V8, maybe a little better in steering. It does this without the more pricey brembos, premium fuel, more expensive oil, and better mileage. The V6 is a look at the future, the V8 will soon be the past.

I Couldn't have stated it better. But then again, I'm all about technology.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "'The United States of America", for an amount "up to, and including my life". That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it.
FC_GIBB is offline   Reply With Quote