View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 05:12 PM   #11
YLWJKT

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entaille View Post
I never said the motors weren't capable. I am trying to convince the guy that it would be best to have a nest-egg of some sort in savings if this is his daily driver and he will be boosting it. FI setup's are not as reliable as N/A setups, and owners should be prepared for any complications that may or may not arise.

What complications are those? Have you ever owned a supercharged car?

To the op. Every gas powered car I've owned since 2004 has had a S/C on it. Everything from a Jeep Wrangler with a Kenne Bell to my curerent DD a 2010 A6 Camaro. I drive an average of 10-12k a year and have had no issues.

Buy a well designed and supported kit. If you don't have the mechanical skills to install it yourself, have it professionally installed by a reputable place.
Be conservative, avoid the temptation to eke out extra power with additional boost or other mods to add power.
Don't drive it everywhere like a mad man, perform your regularly scheduled maintenance and you'll have no more issues than if you were stock.
As far as driveability?
My Camaro is no different than stock except when I push the gas pedal down. It starts and runs hot or cold, it idles in traffic with the AC on and does nothing other than give me a big grin!
YLWJKT is offline   Reply With Quote