View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 11:47 PM   #93
RetroDude
Owner of VIN # 35278

Drives: IBM 2SS, A6, Leather & Sunroof
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Technically...it's not standard.
But tell that to Dodge, or Ford. To get to their high-powered models; you have no choice. At least Chevy's giving you that choice. Unfortunately; at this point -- you'll need to weigh what's most important to you: toys and gadgets, or performance?

Again...they study all this. It's not decided willy-nilly...Perhaps they'll look at MY10's sales results, and decide to offer the C&C package for the 1SS...who knows?
Dragoneye, don't get me wrong, but it think sometimes GM gets their heads stuck too far up their @$$ when it comes to Leather interior. To me, GM's ( and pretty much any other car builder ) thinks leather is a great $1000 option that comsumers feel so privilaged to own. Frankly, the quality leather GM uses only makes up about 20% of the total seating material at best since they use "Leatherette" to complete the rest of the seats. Leatherette is crap to me as give it 2 - 3 years and your pretty much heading to a local repair shop to have a piece or complete seat replaced because it's either ripped, cracked or worn through. Leatherette is simply another word for what in the 70's we used to call "Vinyl" granted its a little softer, but it's still crap in my eyes and I never want to go back to it. About 2 years ago I was in the market for an Impala and badly wanted the SS V8... problem was that in Canada you could only get the SS with leather... No cloth allowed! So guess what. Gm did not get a sale! I wasn't willing to settle for the V6 when my heart belonged to the V8. Frankly, I think the Camaro is a great deal by far, but once again we are back to the... if you want a V8 and options, you MUST take Leather!!!
Since we are no longer allowed to use cell phones when we drive in Canada, the ability to have a vehicle equipted with Bluetooth become more essential than ever. Bluetooth to me is a safety feature and should be available to whoever wants it on absolutely every vehicle GM produces... No questions asked... end of story!

Hey, as I say I'm not asking GM to go back to the 80's when everything was available as individual options, but more so, just make leather seating a non standard group feature as I'm sure there are a lot of potential buyers out there that don't want all the bells and whistles, but still would like the leather too!

1SS base with Leather ONLY? Think it would sell ??? Why not!
RetroDude is offline   Reply With Quote