View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 04:48 PM   #48
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Maybe because I have a deposit on the ZL1 and Chevy built me the car exactly the way I would have built it, I am a little partial to the ZL1. My feeling is anytime an automobile manufacturer builds a car that fits 98% of the things that you are looking for in a car, then they built you the car you wanted. Honestly, I still can't get over all of the negatives on here about this car. Maybe it is something that I am missing because honestly, I simply do not see anything negative about the car, once I got over Chevy NOT calling it a Z28. This Camaro has so much technically advanced equipment and power of which ALL of it is geared to go fast and built to last, I truly can't understand all of the nitpicking and negative thoughts. So the car is almost 4000 lbs. It has always been almost 4000 pounds. Did you really expect them to add a S/C with 150HP, magnetic ride, HD transmission and rear end and expect it to lose weight. I mean really did you? The ZL1 will be an absolutely phenomenal car at a weight that it has always been. I am sure the next generation Camaro will be on more of a diet, but in the meantime, this this ZL1 Camaro has been brought back to wreak havoc on the world. One of my favorite car ads said: When you turn your car on, does it return the favor? This car will definitely turn you on when you fire it up. If it doesn't then, there really is NO hope for you. Just an old farts opinion.