View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 12:30 AM   #29
rez333

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Everything in life is derivative. The moment you see something you like, guess what you've just been influenced. The only way to avoid this is to live in a cave.

Nevertheless some designs could be construed as a "rip off". I don't think this new Ford grille is a "rip off" to be honest, any more than Ferrari and Porsche grilles are rip-offs of the Lamborghini Reventon grille (which was the first to do the angular dual left/right grilles). It's definitely been "inspired" by the Aston grille, and no-one can deny that.

I thought the joke had promise, but it lacked a little in execution, I think too much redundant verbiage ruined it, or a lack of a credible link between mouth girl and the grille. Not to say that I could do a better job - I can't think of anything funny to link the two pictures.

Maybe:
"The designers were having a tough time coming up with a good grille design whilst speeding around Vegas drunk going 130 in a covertible Mustang. They took one look at the stoned hooker in the back and said f*** let's just go with that."

That's the best I can do. Lame, I know.

*disclaimer: downed some Jamaica rum whilst writing this, so not responsible for the results.
rez333 is offline   Reply With Quote