View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 10:04 AM   #12
rocknroll_jeph

Drives: 11 Camaro V6 RS, 03 BMW Z4
So it has been a long time since I have entered anything into my journal. Life with Camaro has been great. It is everything I thought it would be and even more.

Just today I finally got my LED fog lights installed and wired to come on with the headlights. Also I installed a Hotchkis strut brace. I am very impressed with it! From driving it into the shop and driving it back out a few hours later it seemed like a completely different car. The whole drive home I was just blown away at what a difference it made. For control and stability, this should definitely be a priority! The install is a bit tricky and in Beijing there are no specialty shops for American muscle cars sp it took them a while to figure out how to install it. (Oddly enough there was a Mustang at the shop I was at. Mustangs are even more rare in Beijing than Camaros because Chevy is smart and imported Camaros to China. Ford is not smart and has yet to do that)

Also, all you guys in other countries are going to be jealous- between installing the strut brace (which requires a partial dismantling of the suspension and drilling holes) and completely fabricating a new electrical path running from the fuse box to the fog lights the shop only charged me about $50 for 6 hours of work, and they bought me an ice cream too! I love the shops in China!

I am going to put on drilled and slotted rotors next. I just like the way they look and I have noticed a difference in stopping feel on my other cars. I also have a carbon fiber spoiler in the mail as well as a front splitter that I will be adding soon! I wonder how many HP that will add? I will also be heading back to the states for about a month in the summer. I am already making a list of small things that I can't get here. I wonder if a ported throttle body can go in my carry on luggage? Any ideas what else I need to do to my car?
Attached Images

rocknroll_jeph is offline   Reply With Quote