View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 09:08 PM   #35
k0jdd

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro / Colorado
Exclamation I GOT MY HITCH!!

DISCLAIMER - The following post is neither an endorsement nor an advertisement for any particular product or company.
Any opinions expressed are solely those of the author. This information is posted for reference purposes only.
Caveat Emptor. Your Mileage May Vary.

I got my hitch!

It was manufactured by the Curt Manufacturing Company of Eau Claire, WI.
They plan to take this design commercial. See their website for more information including how to contact them with
your questions about when, where, and how to buy.

It took three days to design, fabricate, test, and install this Class I receiver hitch. I think they did an excellent job.
Comment from the design engineer "This is NOT going to be an easy install."

I should have had the car on a hoist for the following pictures, but sadly I have no hoist.

Images 1, 2, and 3 are rear views from various distances. It looks close to the ground doesn't it?
It actually has more ground clearance than the cataylitic converters.

Image 4 shows a profile as viewed from ground level on the driver side.

Image 5 is a reverse view showing the back of the receiver and two center brackets that extend up to the body.

Image 6 is a little complicated. You need to rotate this picture 90 deg clockwise to understand it.
The camera is directly underneath the receiver. You are looking up towards the passenger side.
The passenger side muffler is visible on the left. The tube extends up into the cavity where it is
welded to a bracket that makes the final connection to the frame rails.

The last image, from Curt's web site, is an example of one of their tube-style receiver hitches.
The 2010 Camaro hitch is similar to this in many respects. I am certain that the end brackets are different.
The 2010 Camaro hitch also has those two center brackets as seen in image 5.

Good luck!
Attached Images

Traded- 2014 2LT V6 Automatic / Red Hot w/Black Leather / 19" Polished Wheels / Sunroof
VIN 2G1FC1E31E9202653
Traded - 2010 2LT V6 Manual / Victory Red/Black Leather / 19" Polished Wheels / R6P
VIN 2G1FG1EV3A9112601
Sold - 1999 2LT V6 Automatic / Victory Red/Black Leather / 19" Polished Wheels / T-Tops
VIN {Still Searching for it...}

Last edited by k0jdd; 07-31-2009 at 09:20 PM.
k0jdd is offline   Reply With Quote