View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 12:16 PM   #9
Dave_O
Needs a Camaro

Drives: 2007 Chevy Trailblazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
really!! not just #4? (the link's to a blank page) that's kinda hard to believe. the prius is a pretty economical car (besides the price tag), so if 33 cars beat it out, why is CAFE giving us so much crap?

Because all the are looking at is 'fuel economy' and nothing else... They think everone should go out and pay the astronomical price tag a prius has to not use as much fuel. What they look past is that the people don't have the $$ to pay extra for gas on their CURRENT vehicle that is paid-off or almost paid off whatever, then they DON'T have the money to buy a more expensive car that gets better economy... I had read an article somewhere that compared the cost of the vehicle to the amount of $$ saved in fuel economy (for hybrids) and I believe the best bang for your buck was the Chevy Malibu.... I will try to find the article, but it was a while ago so I am not sure if I can find it...

I LOVE GM vehicles, and particularly Chevy's, but would buy any GM vehicle if I had the $$...Hopefully, one day, soon enough, a 5th Gen CAMARO! Dave_O
Dave_O is offline   Reply With Quote