View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 02:37 PM   #176
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by shroomjohn View Post
I wonder if that means if a dealer has lets say 2 allocations 1 manual 1 Auto manual ordered first would that be bumped or just put on hold in same order????
Only the M6 car would be delayed the Auto would be shipped as normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
I'm fairly certain that there's more than just "a small amount" that are affected. The fact of the matter is that noone knows yet how small or large the affected number is. If GM knew that it was a limited issue that they've already fixed, they wouldn't be halting production and holding cars in QC. I am confident that we will know MUCH more very soon.

GM was off last week. Now that they're all back on the job, they are studying the issue closely and doing a full triage of the situation. Being that my car was built after the ones who have failed (mid 16000s) but still shipped before they decided to put a hold, I am particularly concerned. I hadn't planned on doing any hard launches anytime soon so it's not a big deal right now but hopefully they understand the full picture soon. I will definitely be going a bit easier on it until we know more. There would be nothing more embarrassing than sitting by the side of the road in a brand new, bright orange Camaro waiting for a tow truck. I would MUCH rather drive it to the dealership to have the transmission replaced on my schedule! IF that's what needs to happen. But like I said, noone knows yet and I'm confident that once GM knows, they'll pass it on to us. That's all we can ask for!
You are fairly certain that this is your opinion right?

And production hasn't stopped. There is a difference between Halted production and continuing production followed by QC inspections and repairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJT-Maro View Post
so what happens with us 7/13 TPWS with SS M6???

Do we still get built or not??
Every car will continue to be built, then proceed to QC if it is a V8 M6 and then if found to have a faulty tranny it will be repaired and eventually shipped.

Quote:
Alright everybody I just got a call from my dealer!!!

What he told me came from a GM employee who called the plant in Oshawa

and he said the only problem is with the short throw shifter!!!

Nothing is wrong with the regular Manual shifter!!!

So I hope Mods read this!!

He wasnt lying it came straight from the plant!!!!!

So there is no problem with the M6!!

The only constraint there is, is on the Short Throw Shifter!!

Quote:
Well all I know is there Is nothing wrong with the regular M6 in the SS a GM tech at my dealer called the plant himself and they said nothing was wrong with it!!
Quote:
My dealer didnt tell me this a GM tech told me and he called the plant himself and they said nothing is wrong with it!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post

RJT, you are referring to an OLD issue. the Hurst short throw shifter has been on constraints for a long while and you can't even order them anymore.

The new issue is with the transmission's output shaft breaking off. The shifter is not the same as the output shaft. The shiftter is at the top of the tranny, you shift gears with it. The output shaft transfers the power to the driveshaft>diffrential>axles>wheels. When the shaft breaks, your engine still runs, your tranny still shifts, but the car ain't moving!

Have you not read GM's official statement in the HomePage?
Just because someone at the plant says something, it doesn't mean it is EVERYTHING he knows.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by attymf View Post
I did not order the short throw shifter to thats not the issue
Correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by towmoe View Post
Sorry, Fbod, my car has been in QC since 6/25. That is much more than a day or two.
Off topic, there are plenty of other threads to discuss the R6P process/problems

Quote:
So after it gets built we go to QC?? is that correct??
Yes sir.

Stay on topic please. You don't have to like the cause of this round of QC and you can blame GM if you'd like.

The bottom line is every post in this thread will be respectful in it's criticism and its praise of GM and other C5 members.

If your standards are so high that you can't fathom a mistake of this magnitude by a company as large as GM then you will most likely continue to be frustrated. Please don't expect the rest of us to share in your frustration.

Thanks everyone!