View Single Post
Old 07-26-2018, 07:53 PM   #1
naikaidriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Stability Control Coming on After Front Wheel and Rotor Change

I was out at the track on Tuesday for the first time after going to a square, 20x10 wheel setup with 275/40 20s all around. I also upgraded my rotors to the slotted Brembos.

Since then the front of the car would just "feel" strange. Occasionally when cornering really hard, I could feel what can only be described as a drag on the outside, front tire. It would do this without the front losing grip and it felt really strange.

By my 4th lap, the smell was a dead giveaway. My front brakes were cooking. I am running on a new set up Hawk HP+ pads and I ran the same type of pad for hundreds of laps for the last two years and this has never happened.

To test my conclusion, I turned off the Stability Control completely and the issue went away along with the smell. I normally run the car in "Competition Mode".

Anyone else experience this on the track? Do you think my ABS just doesn't like my rotors or the wider, front tire? I would think that because it is the same diameter as the OEM front tire it shouldn't have been a problem.

Scott
Diablo T1000 with Phastek custom tune, K&N Intake, Hurst Short-Throw Shifter, Flowmaster, Outlaw II Exhaust, BMR 1" Lowering Springs, BMR 3-way Adjustable Anti-Roll Bars, BMR End Links and Reinforcement Brackets, BMR Trailing Arms, ZL1 wheels, Nitto NT555 G2 Tires, Z28-style Rear Spoiler, Hawk Plus Brake Pads, Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid
naikaidriver is offline   Reply With Quote