View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 11:28 AM   #18
VRZL113

Drives: 2013 VR ZL1, M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednecks70 View Post
I had the same problem and it was a tough decision. Ended up going with
Ashen Gray Metallic and couldn't be happier. I had several black cars in the past but never dark gray so it made my decision a little easier.

Just be aware if you go gray it will look black in the shade, I had more than one person say "I thought you said it was gray?". Also, it will show water spots like a black car, I'm constantly cleaning mine.

Good luck, either way it's an awesome car!
I have a Magna Steel Metallic Equinox daily and I find the Victory Red paint on my ZL1 to be more of a pain in the butt than the Grey hue on the Equinox....

The non-metallic Victory Red paint looks fine out in the sun, but my god... put it under shop lights and you can see every imperfection.

I'm taking care of that little by little as I paint correct it this winter, but I will never buy a car without metallic in the paint again. Metallic tends to hide blemishes better.

Please note, I'm extremely anal with my cars, so most of the imperfections I speak of no one other than me would ever notice, lol.
#3257 | 485whp 526wtq | K&N 63-3079 | Gates K080660HD (Green Belt) | ACDelco UPF48R | ZL1 Addons Wicker Bill | Mild2Wild
VRZL113 is offline   Reply With Quote