Thread: LS7 1LE
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 03:49 AM   #34
King Nothing
Under a Peterbilt

Drives: Rogue, Durango and Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsZL1 View Post
The size of the engine has nothing to do with ZL1 or Z28 or SS.

Welcome to 2013/14 where GM is stomping cars around the track left and right. Instead of settling for two of the fastest cars around a track, GM decided to slyly grin, and release a street-able car that will best the non-street legal Boss' out of Ford.

While people on here in-fight about whats better the ZL1 or the Z28. Who really cares? If you want a Z28 and you have a ZL1, obviously money isn't an issue so get one. If you have an SS and wanted the Z28 and it's out of your price range, go get a 1LE.

Chevrolet currently has three of the fastest cars around a track that you can buy for less than $60K (guessing on the Z28 price here). What else could we, as camaro owners want?

Sure that pesky '13 GT500 will go faster in a straight line, but let them have that. Our cars are more reliable, inspire confidence in corners, and are by far the better vehicle to own.

EDIT: Forgot, our cars that cost less than $60K are beating cars that cost 2-5x more. It's a good time to support General Motors.
I only pointed out times because I've seen on this site and other sites people saying "oh the top dog is coming back out" and I've been meaning to post up no the z28 wasn't the top dog, the SS396 was faster. And the engine option was for the people saying GM is paying heritage to the past. I never agreed with the fact the current ZL1 didn't come with a 427 like in 69 and I think I spoke with one of the big dealerships back east that customize 5th gens about this right when it was released. Just my .02 though

My route is build a car to play with the big boys for 1/2 of what they are spending
But if I were to buy a 5th gen it would either be a 13 1LE or 13ZL1 since i don't like the 14's at all :(
Sold-2000 Camaro SS A4 Hardtop #867 of 8913
1 of 103 Bright Rally Red Hardtop SS A4 in 2000
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 By Berger #11BC21
King Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote