View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 01:59 PM   #72
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
I got a double major and now work for a large company making well over the national average salary. I still feel dumb as crap because of all the people I see in higher salary grades with Master's degrees. I wish I had stayed in school the extra year in a half because I could've I just got tempted by the first decent job offer I got.

Challenge yourself, you won't regret it like me. That doesn't mean get as many advanced degrees as humanly possible. It means sit down and think truly and honestly where you want to be in 5 and 10 years and ask yourself if you can do that by putting off your goals by even one year. But trust me if you pay cash for the car this year, You'll be putting off school for more than a year.

Also, if this is any incentive. Living by myself I saved enough cash to pay for a top of the line 3 series BMW in 1 year. I could've done that, but instead I thought of what I'd be losing if I spent my money on a car.... In my case I wouldn't be able to put enough money down on the house I wanted. So I chose the bigger picture. Now I have a garage, and plenty of room for a dog and kids (eventually) and I am only putting of my car purchase by a year and a half.